2021 In House Trends
With the new year, some things remain the same while others move on. 2020 has had a significant impact on how people view themselves, the ‘Zoom Boom’ has resulted in an increase of demand. Being confronted by videos of your own face on screens every day is having an effect on many individuals. It’s also not surprising that it has also affected the types of treatment that people are looking for.
The Laser Beautique work hard at staying in the forefront of technology to be able to offer our clients the very latest trends as well as giving the very best treatment and results possible.
Below we have highlighted a few of our most popular treatments as well as some new ones that we are excited to introduce to you as we start off 2021.
Minimally Invasive Treatments:
– Pain- free and permanent laser hair removal has been trending for quite some time now and will remain trending as everyone has unwanted and unsightly hair that they want to remove. The laser Beautique is proud to introduce BeauRemove, the latest in hair removal for optimum results and comfort for all.
– Although liquid facelifts have been popular for several years, filler fatigue is a real thing. We are now starting to see the trend moving towards a longer-term solution through the use of minimally invasive treatments. Liquid facelifts cover injectables such as dermal fillers and Botox which offer results that last for several months. However, with lockdowns occurring, making it harder to receive top-up treatments, there is now a higher demand for treatments that are still safe, don’t require significant surgery, but offer longer-term results. Contact your nearest TLB store for more our next Botox and Bubbles (non-alcoholic for now) day.
– Dermaplaning is a Biggy. It starting trending in South Africa in 2020 and in 2021 we expecting the trend to grow even more. Dermaplaning is a method of exfoliation that consists of using a 10-gauge scalpel to gently scrape off the top layer of dulling dead skin cells in order to reveal a smoother, brighter complexion.
Dermaplaning is a favourite in the entertainment industry, specifically among models and actresses. Why? It also eliminates that annoying peach fuzz that cakes up in makeup and can be enhanced by harsh production lighting and high-definition cameras. Dermaplaning also allows for greater penetration of skincare products and creates a flawless canvas for makeup to glide on smoothly. In fact, cosmetic dermatologists and aestheticians often use dermaplaning to help prepare skin for more intrusive procedures such as laser treatments and chemical peels. And to not miss but it’s a budget friendly service at only R540.00
Skin Needling also referred to as micro-needling and collagen induction therapy has been trending for couple years and will continue to trend and grow in popularity because of its benefits. Procedure is done with a motorised device with fine needles is used to create tiny micro channels in the top layers of the skin, which triggers the body to produce new collagen and elastin. Results include improved texture and firmness, as well as a reduction in scars, pore size, and stretch marks. Initially you can see results within 10 days and these results accumulates for a period of 3 months post treatment.
• Boosts your skin natural healing regenerative abilities and is therefore considered as a natural antiaging treatment.
• Visibly tightens, lifts and rejuvenates skin post treatment.
• Increases absorption of topical skin care products during and after. Increasing your results for concerns from antiaging/ pigmentation or scaring.
• Reduces the appearance of large pores, fine lines and wrinkles.
• Reduces the appearance of acne scarring and stretch marks.
• Unprecedented results with minimal to no down time.
– CooLifting is one of our favourite treats! Although it is not brand new, it was one of Hollywood’s greatest secrets! It has really picked up a lot of interest as people have realised that it truly works and gives you that Hollywood glow.
Should you want to stay up to date with what Hollywood and the likes of Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton are doing then CooLifting is a must. This quick treatment combines a unique concentration of hyaluronic acid and other botanicals with a cold, CO2 (carbon dioxide) spray directly onto the skin. The cool CO2 mist helps the hyaluronic solution to saturate more completely and deeply into your skin, increasing its impact.
While each of the two parts of the CooLifting process can be effective by themselves, they work better together. Skin exposed to high concentrations of carbon dioxide naturally responds by releasing more oxygen to the area, giving it a plumped appearance.
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring chemical in your body that helps replenish moisture and promotes healing. During CooLifting, the cool CO2 mist activates the serum to penetrate more deeply than it could on its own. For more on the types of hyaluronic please read our blog here for the interesting facts and results.
– Minimally invasive facial contouring treatments with Radio Frequency and Ultrasound. One of the most popular areas that will be in demand, no doubt a result of the Zoom boom and video call angles which can make the chin and neck area more prevalent. Clients will be looking to achieve a smooth and defined jawline and neck lifts.
Radio Frequency with our brand new BeauContour device; This is set to be launched at The Laser Beautique Woodlands this January 2021. The effect is to tighten the skin and it is anti-aging and helps to restore the elasticity of blood vessels, rebuild the microcirculation system, provide more nutrients for fibroblasts, strengthen the synthesis of collagen, and increase the flow of active oxygen in the cells, thereby restoring cells and rebuilding the reticular layer as well as to help dissolve and soften deep stubborn fat, and expel the fat through the circulation, while relieving joint pain. Be sure to look out for our specials set to be launched in February.
Near Infrared skin tightening; The Laser Beautique offers a Cinderella Facial which is a combination of magical cosmeceutical lotions and potions using Optiphi, RegimA or Nimue skincare ranges, and Near Infrared (NIR) technology.
This combination ensures to get your skin glowing instantly, revealing it revitalised and refuelled while being supplied with active ingredients that will leave you feeling and looking fit for a ball.
This is a facial designed for royalty.
NIR stimulates the infiltration of fibroblasts and the formation of new collagen, enhancing the tightening effect, and helping to boost the skin against future ageing. You may experience lingering warmth, tightness, or redness in the treated area, which fades within a few hours of treatment. You can receive a treatment and go back to work or to other activities without any recovery time.
There has been a definite shift in the demographic of people who are considering aesthetic procedures. No longer are people agonising over imperfections for a long time until they can’t bear it any longer. Instead, people are beginning to be proactive about seeking treatments, pushing towards smaller, less invasive procedures earlier in life. This means that less drastic interventions may be needed later, and people are feeling better and more comfortable in their skin earlier in life.
It is also likely that the rush to get treatments done will continue into 2021. Many of these minimally invasive, preventative procedures still require some recovery time. They can often result in bruising and swelling for a short period. So, while we living in a time of masks, it can certainly be appealing to get these procedures done now. It lets you recover in privacy and seclusion, helping you to feel confident at all times.
Maskne And Skin Care Treatments
While for some, masks have provided an opportunity, for many others, they have caused a host of problems. People whose skin was doing well have found that the masks they’re wearing are harming their skin condition. Anyone who suffered from acne before they needed to wear a mask all day may have found that their skin has significantly worsened.
As society is becoming more aware and accepting of adult skin conditions like acne and rosacea the embarrassment is beginning to fade, which is empowering people to seek out treatments for these skin conditions.
There are many prescription skin treatments, such as Optiphi, Nimue and RegimA peels, that one can get through aesthetic clinics like The Laser Beautique, which can have a real positive effect on acne, acne scarring, blemishes, and uneven skin tone. There are even skin creams that can help with loss of elasticity and natural skin hydration, ask one of our beau-gicians for the best options for you today.
While maskne might have been the driving force behind seeking these skin treatments, the improvement in skin condition will mean this remains a popular treatment option as we will all strive to have a flawless complexion and at the same time fight off any skin imperfections or the dreaded aged look.
More people are combining treatments to get the best results possible. Instead of simply have a single treatment, people are combining a number to get the results they are seeking in one sitting for both a time constraint and for optimum results once off. There is also a trend away from a single invasive procedure to a combination of less invasive options as previously mentioned that the trends are to start earlier with concerns to avoid the heavy down time of invasive surgery.
Some examples include:
1. CooLifting alone is amazing, teaming it up with dermaplaning, micro-needling or radio frequency and it’s just incredible! By teaming these together, you are essentially either creating a sponge like effect with needling and then pumping your skin with Hyaluronic acid or you are removing all dead skin cells with dermaplaning and prepping the skin to soak up the Hyaluronic acid from the CooLifting.
2. Many people are choosing Dermal Fillers combined with Radio Frequency and Ultrasound. This is a popular non-surgical face lift option. This combination treatment can help to fill any lines, wrinkles or unwanted hollows while also getting rid of any bagginess or stubborn fatty pockets in the skin such as jowls or a double chin and tightening and toning the skin.
Although there has been a shift, Botox and Filler is still of high demand. We are seeing amazing treatments such as:
Liquid nose jobs
The things a Medically qualified practitioners can do with a needle is pretty impressive. Gone are the days when surgery was the only way to correct nose shapes or droopy tips – now it can all be done in minutes with a skilled pair of hands and some filler. Liquid nose jobs are not going anywhere in 2021, Nose augmentations will only get more popular. Nose treatments will be huge in 2021!
Tear trough filler
We think Tear trough fillers are going to be huge in 2021. The delicate under-eye area can be very difficult to treat. You got to make sure you see a Doctor who has lots of experience. This treatment targets the loss of volume under the eyes, but unfortunately not dark circles caused by pigmentation. For this we recommend Radio frequency to stimulate blood circulation.
Yes Botox isn’t new – but the fact that it’s still so popular says a lot about its efficacy. With all of the mask-wearing we’ve been undergoing, there has been more of an emphasis on the upper face and the eyes. Subtle Botox to the forehead, frown lines, and crow’s feet is still the treatment that will be popular and grow in popularity. It’s a classic, timeless aesthetic treatment, and we don’t think demand for it will go anywhere anytime soon! We at the Laser Beautique have seen an increase of younger demographic enquiring for Botox as education around prevention is better than cure, and we are all onboard for this trend.
With all these trends and technology, we are all safely and invasively achieving a more natural appearance as well as successfully targeting any concerns from loss of elasticity, scaring or pigmentation. Should you need more guidance on where to start, please do not hesitate to reach out to one of our qualified therapists at your nearest TLB clinic. You can opt for a in house consultation whilst following our COVID-19 precautions or alternatively you can request a WhatsApp video call or zoom call. We are here for you.