What are some of the major benefits of laser, particularly for your underarm?
There are so many benefits if you have the right tech and training. Not all laser are pain-free, permanent and safe for all skin types. Here at The Laser Beautique, we use advanced technology which is safe for all skin types.
- Long-lasting Results: Laser hair removal offers long-lasting results compared to other hair removal methods like shaving, waxing, or depilatory creams. After a series of treatments (8 to 12 recommended), many people experience permanent hair reduction.
- Less Ingrown Hairs: Unlike shaving and waxing, which can lead to ingrown hairs, laser hair removal reduces the occurrence of these painful, inflamed bumps.
- Improved Skin Texture & Even Skin Tone: Over time, frequent waxing, shaving, or plucking can cause irritation and roughness. Laser hair removal can result in smoother skin. This includes improving pigmentation. Pigmentation is usually caused by trauma to the skin which is done by waxing and shaving. When under trauma, skin will either over produce melanin or under produce melanin. As you laser, less hair will grow back and it will grow back slower and slower. Clients shave less and less and start seeing their skin start to even tone.
- Reduced Discomfort: Many individuals find laser hair removal to be less painful than waxing. While pain-free, it is not sensation free. Some mild prickling can be felt at times but no pain.
- Time and Money Savings: Over time, it can save you money and time spent on regular waxing or shaving sessions.
- Less Skin Irritation: Shaving and waxing can irritate the skin, especially for those with sensitive skin. Laser hair removal can be a more gentle option.
- No Need for Hair Growth: Unlike waxing or epilating, you don’t need to let your hair grow out before a session. In fact, it’s recommended to shave the area prior to treatment.
- Boost in Confidence: For many people, having unwanted hair can lead to self-consciousness. Laser hair removal can help boost confidence by providing long-term, smooth results.
- Treats Ingrown Hairs and Folliculitis: For those prone to ingrown hairs or folliculitis (inflammation of the hair follicles), laser hair removal can be an effective solution.
- Save the Environment: Razors and wax take years to degrade. Switching to laser can reduce the amount of waste generated by these hair removal methods.
How popular is underarm laser hair removal at The Laser Beautique? And why is that?
- Ease of Access: The underarms are a relatively small area, making them a convenient and accessible part of the body to treat with laser hair removal. This means that sessions can be quick and efficient.
- Elimination of Ingrown Hairs: The underarm area is prone to ingrown hairs, especially for those who shave regularly. Laser hair removal can help reduce or eliminate this problem, leading to smoother and less irritated skin.
- Improved Hygiene: Without the presence of underarm hair, hygiene can be easier to maintain, and deodorants can be more effective. There may be a reduction in sweating and body odor in the underarm area as well.
- Confidence: Many people find that having smooth, hair-free underarms enhances their overall appearance and boosts their confidence, especially in situations where sleeveless clothing is worn. Many people find it liberating to not have to worry about regularly shaving or waxing their underarms, especially in warm weather or before activities like swimming
- Time and Cost Savings: Constant shaving or waxing of the underarms can be time-consuming and may require ongoing expenses.Laser hair removal provides a long-lasting solution, ultimately saving time and money in the long run. Most pay the same for a wax if not more. It really is a no-brainer to laser your underarms as a woman for R350!
What kind of machine is used? How does it work to remove or decrease the growth of hair? What are some of the possible side effects?
- Beaulase. The BeauLase laser is a combination of diode, alexandrite and Nd yag laser.On this link there is a short and long detailed version of how laser works https://thelaserbeautique.co.za/pain-free-laser-hair-removal/
How many sessions of underarm laser would you recommend to full see the benefits?
We recommend 8-12 treatments in total. 1 session should be had every 4 to 6 week interval. It’s a medical treatment and there are no hard or fast rules. One may need as little as 6 treatments and one may need a few more than 12. We typically see clients needing 8-12 and some may need touch up treatments to target hair that has been dormant. Maintenance is sometimes needed and at The Laser Beautique, once you have completed 12 sessions, you will receive 20% off for your maintenance sessions.