How does BeauRejuve e-light work?
The E-light technology combines 3 technologies including Intense Pulsed Light (IPL), Radio Frequency (RF) and a Cooling System, to deliver effective treatments and long lasting results regardless the color of your skin.
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is a type of light similar to laser. IPL uses a specially designed lamp to generate high intensity light. This light, given through different filters, change its characteristics (wavelength), enabling us to treat various skin concerns. It is applied in a series of gentle pulses over the treatment area. Without damaging the skin, the light penetrates through the skin and is absorbed by the haemoglobin of the abnormally dilated capillaries or the melanin of the pigmented lesion. The heat causes the lesion to fragment and the dilated capillaries to close, the body then begins its natural healing process.
Which skin conditions can be treated with the BeauRejuve?
|– Sagging||– Dull Complexion|
|– Wrinkles||– Capillaries|
|– Pigmentation||– Scarring|
|– Skin Texture||– Acne|
- It helps to even out skin tone, improves the texture and gives the skin radiance
- It helps to reverse sun damage e.g. solar lentigenes (brown marks) and telangiectasis (red veins)
- It provides skin rejuvenation on the treated areas and helps to soften wrinkles
- It enhances elasticity, it helps to firm the skin and reduce enlarged pores
|Face & Neck||R1500|
|Face, neck and Chest||R1700|
|Face, neck, decollete||R1900|
|1 – 5 shots||R60|
|6 – 10 shots||R80|
- Brown spots will immediately turn darker after your sessions and remain darker for approximately 5 days
- Avoid any form of severe heat including steam rooms, saunas, and very hot showers. This can cause severe swelling
- Avoid exercise for about 3 days. It will cause flushing which dilates the capillaries.
- Avoid Spicy Food and excessive amounts of alcohol right after your treatment
- Avoid exfoliation, peels and fruit acids for 5 days
- Moisturise the skin and use soothing and repairing aftercare, for example RegimA Scar Repair Forte
- Avoid sun exposure for a few days after treatment. Always use a good sunscreen – Nimue Sun-C spf 50 offers excellent protection and calming properties.
- Don’t scratch or pick the area. Scabs might form after the treatment which should fall off naturally.
- Recent Sunburn
- Unprotected sun exposure 3 – 4 weeks prior to session
- History of seizures & Epilepsy
- Severe eczema or psoriasis (localized)
- Active skin infections
- Roaccutane or Vitamin A medications – wait 6 months
- Photo sensitizing medications
- Skin Cancer
- Undergoing Chemotherapy or immune therapy
- Uncontrolled Diabetes
- Tattoos (localized)
- Vein Inflammation
- Botox (3months); Fillers (2 weeks)
- Laser or Radio Frequency (2 weeks)
- Open Lesions (Avoid the area)
- Antibiotics (complete course first)
Frequently Asked Questions
Treatment times vary according to the area treated and can take 15 – 60 minutes.
The general recommendation is between 3 – 6 treatments, every 3 – 4 weeks. Your skin will be evaluated and progress monitored throughout your treatment program.
This non-invasive treatment is safe for all skin types and ethnicities. The combination of IPL and RF makes this treatment safer and more comfortable than the traditional IPL and there is no downtime. The RF reduces the risk of overheating the top layer of the skin while the cooling tip of the handheld eliminates the sensation of heat on the surface of the skin.
Immediately after the treatment the skin may appear flushed like sunburn, brown pigmented spots may appear darker and capillaries may be visible. Swelling is usually minimal but it depends on the individual being treated. Slight scabbing might form on specific treated spots
A cooling system in the applicator ensures the outer layers of the skin is cooled and soothed. A cooling gel is always applied to the treatment area before commencing. Also, thanks to the RF, the IPL requires less energy to achieve the desired results increasing the comfort level.
The pain is minimal and most patients describe the sensation as being similar to the snap of an elastic band accompanied by a heat sensation. Your laser therapist will always make sure of your comfort levels as the treatment is being administered.
There is no downtime to this treatment. You might experience slight swelling and redness right after the treatment which subsides within a few hours.
- Creams such as Rozex (for Rosacea), Vitamin A prescribed cream (Retin-A), Differen, Ilotycin A, Isotrex), Skinoren, Hydroquinone, or Glycolic Acid and other fruit acids must be stopped 5 days prior to your treatment.
- Should you be on Roaccutane/Oretane or Isotretinnoins, BeauRejuve treatments are not recommended at all. Treatments can commence 6 months after cessation
- Skin that has been overexposed to the sun and sunburned should not be treated. Sun exposure/tanning should be stopped 3-4 weeks prior to a session. Use a sunscreen to protect the skin.
- The intake of sun activators or the use of chemical self-tanning lotions should be stopped 2 weeks prior to your session.
- As smoking dilates your blood vessels/capillaries, it is recommended that you do not smoke 2 hours prior AND post your treatment.
- Avoid Botox or Fillers two weeks prior and after session