We all want to feel beautiful. When we look good, we usually feel good or better and visa versa. When we feel good, we do good, we play good and so on.
At The Laser Beautique we offer beauty and pamper treatments from manicures and pedicures to massage, lash and brow treats, spray tan, permanent makeup and more. Selfcare is so very important. Selfcare is giving the world the best of you, not whats left of you. Selfcare is actually a priority not a luxury.
When asked the question: “Do you take care of yourself?” most of us will answer “yes” — we’d even think, “What kind of question is this? Of course, I care about myself.”
When asked, “In what ways do you take care of yourself?” — well, that’s where the tricky part begins.
What is self-care?
Self-care is any activity that we do deliberately in order to take care of our mental, emotional, and physical health. Although it’s a simple concept in theory, it’s something we very often overlook. Good self-care is key to improved mood and reduced anxiety. It’s also key to a good relationship with oneself and others.
What isn’t self-care?
Knowing what self-care is not might be even more important. It is not something that we force ourselves to do, or something we don’t enjoy doing. Self-care is “something that refuels us, rather than takes from us.” Self-care isn’t selfish. It is not only about considering our needs; it is rather about knowing what we need to do in order to take care of ourselves, being subsequently, able to take care of others as well. That is, if I don’t take enough care of myself, I won’t be in the place to give to my loved ones either.
In a few words, self-care is the key to living a balanced life
Although self-care means different things to different people, there’s a basic checklist that can be followed by all of us. We at The Laser Beautique like to inspire you to give yourself permission to pause and do a little something for yourself. If you are on our website it means you are already thinking about having aesthetic, beauty or grooming treatments. Browse through the different treatments we offer, pop in for a complementary consultation, take off your shoes, relax, unwind and we will get you in the right frame of mind.
A few more ideas to ensure you have your self-care in check
- Create a “no” list, with things you know you don’t like or you no longer want to do. Examples might include: Not checking emails at night, not attending gatherings you don’t like, not answering your phone during lunch/dinner.
- Promote a nutritious, healthy diet.
- Get enough sleep. Adults usually need 7-8 hours of sleep each night.
- Exercise. In contrast to what many people think, exercise is as good for our emotional health as it is for our physical health. It increases serotonin levels, leading to improved mood and energy. In line with the self-care conditions, what’s important is that you choose a form of exercise that you like!
- Follow-up with medical care. It is not unusual to put off checkups or visits to the doctor.
- Use relaxation exercises and/or practice meditation. You can do these exercises at any time of the day.
- Spend enough time with your loved ones.
- Do at least one relaxing activity every day, whether it’s taking a walk or spending 30 minutes unwinding.
- Do at least one pleasurable activity every day; from going to the cinema, to cooking or meeting with friends.
- Look for opportunities to laugh